All Hail Kale!
Those who know me, know that I love kale.
Here are some of my favorite recipes from Whole Foods Market.
- 1 bunch kale, stemmed and finely chopped
- 2 cups grated carrots
- avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 tablespoons lemon or lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1/2 teaspoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 160 calories (60 from fat)
- 7g total fat
- 0.5g saturated fat
- 0mg cholesterol
- 115mg sodium
- 23g carbohydrate (6g dietary fiber, 3g sugar)
- 6g protein
Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper. Trim tough stems from kale and discard; cut large leaves into 2-inch pieces (leave any small leaves whole). Place in a large bowl, drizzle with oil and toss. Add spices and salt, toss again. Arrange kale on baking sheets in single layer; bake until crispy and the edges just begin to brown, about 12 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for 2 minutes on the baking sheets. Transfer to a bowl and enjoy.
No booster challenge here – try some kale if you’d like. If not, move on to another greed vegetable that’s more appealing.