Spending time with friends can add decrease stress, make a boring workout fun, offer motivational support, and add a little competition to the mix. The best part is getting to be yourself with someone who thinks your pretty great.
Fun ideas for working out with a friend*
- Try a class together that you might be too intimidated to try on your own.
- Embrace the great outdoors and go on weekly hikes at nearby conservation areas.
- Get on your bikes and zip around the neighborhood.
- Gather a few extra friends and start a weekly walking or running club.
- Invest in a personal trainer and get the benefits of a professional together.